What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a key component of Oriental Medicine, which views the body as a whole with every single part interacting, communicating and connecting with each other. These connections occur through channels. Energy flows in and out of the channels but can occasionally become blocked due to various internal and external factors. When this happens, the body experiences an imbalance.
How does Acupuncture work?
Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific acupoints along the skin to help increase the body's flow of energy and restore the body's balance. It can be performed through the application of heat, pressure, a laser or the penetration of thin needles. The Acupuncturist can locate the obstructions of energy flow and release them, nourish the body, clear the systems and balance the body. When the balance is reestablished, the whole body returns to the natural condition.
What is Acupuncture used to treat?
Acupuncture is a safe, painless alternative for treating:
- Arthritis, chronic pain (back, shoulder, knee, etc.)
- Carpal tunnel pain, migraines, fibromyalgia
- Allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems
- Gastrointestinal issues (IBS, Acid Reflux, etc.)
- Gynecological problems like infertility and PMS
- Depression, anxiety, insomnia and stress, ADD/ADHD
- Weight loss management
- Alcohol, Nicotine and/or drug addictions management
- And many more physical, emotional and neurological issues
Treatments are tailored to the individual person and ailment. Acupuncture can be performed on children, adults or the elderly. Your choice for acupuncture in Glen Burnie. Call (410) 760-4141 today to schedule your appointment!