Chiropractic Care And The Immune System
Do you find that you are sick all the time? Maybe you find yourself constantly spraying disinfectant to kill germs around you because every cold turns into bronchitis or you catch every virus that goes around. The problem may not be the germs you are exposed to as much as it is your immune system. Some people are more prone to pick up every little illness and are not always able to shake it off quickly. You may be wondering what chiropractic care can do for your lack of immunity to all the germs. Life Force Chiropractic is conveniently located in Glen Burnie and our office is equipped to boost your immune system!
The Immune System and How It Works
Most of us are born with a strong immune system that strengthens as we reach adulthood. In normal circumstances, the immune system will begin to decline as we reach a certain age, usually around 50-60 years old or older. There are three types of ways we receive immunity from sickness:
- Innate: This is the immunity you are born with and it kills invading germs from the beginning of life. This is the soldier at the front line. It can fight off internal and external bacteria and often uses things such as your skin and the mucous in your throat.
- Adaptive: Immunity builds here by using previous encounters with enemies. Our body systems build antibodies to create a memory of what it needs to fight.
- Passive: When a baby is born, it is given antibodies from the mother's body and breast milk. These eventually dissipate but are vital to that first couple of years of life to protect against illness.
How Does a Chiropractor Help With Immunity
The nervous system is directly in partnership with our immune system through messages sent to the brain. Through research, scientists have discovered that these messages can prevent and heal sicknesses. Here is how it works:
- Chiropractic adjustments can decrease stress and anxiety which are often part of how we get sick. When we are stressed and anxious, our bodies respond.
- Going to a chiropractor for gentle manipulation can trigger the release of white blood cells, thus, fighting against the virus or cold more effectively.
- A Chiropractor can advise the patient on nutritional recommendations that will lessen or even eliminate inflammation. Decreased inflammation gives your body a better chance at healing.
Chiropractic Care in Glen Burnie
Life Force Chiropractic, located in Glen Burnie, can provide the communication your brain needs with your immune system. You can get and stay healthy longer. Call us today at (410) 760-4141 for an appointment.